17 December 2018
Work in the Warden Street area was completed at the end of October, other than some minor tidy-up.
Over the next six months, we will apply a chip coat seal over new road patches on Opoho Road and Farquharson Street to improve traction for vehicles. Blacks Road will also be resealed in the current road-sealing season.
Water pressure in Farquharson Street will be increased, significantly improving fire-fighting capacity on the street. Properties affected by the increase in pressure will be notified before the pressure is changed.
We would like to thank everyone who lives in the area or was affected by this work for their patience and co-operation during construction.
Work on water and wastewater pipe renewals in the area from Blacks Road to Calder Avenue is well underway.
Work is complete on Gillespie, Marquis, Balfour and Royston Streets other than some minor tidy-up.
New wastewater pipes have been installed on Grey Street, between James Street and Blacks Road. Work on the water pipes in this section is nearing completion, and then the road will be reinstated.
We have started replacing water pipes on James Street. The main pipe has been installed and we have begun transferring properties over to the new water service. The replacement of wastewater pipes in James Street will begin in January.
Work is underway on Calder Avenue.
Over the next two months, we will start water and wastewater renewals in:
- Dalmeny Street
- Primrose Bank
- Longworth Street (water pipe replacement during the school holidays).
The whole project in this area is expected to be complete by the end of April.
- Warden Street, from Farquharson Street to Blacks Road
- Warden Street, from Opoho Road to 34 Warden Street
- Opoho Road, from Signal Hill Road to Warden Street
- Farquharson Street, from Signal Hill Road to halfway up the street.
- complete the pipe renewals in Farquharson and Warden Streets
- complete the kerb and channel renewals on lower Warden Street
- resurface the footpath on Warden Street
- dig out and prepare the road on Warden Street for resurfacing.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?