The first thing we’re doing is asking for your dreams and visions for the future of the Sammy’s building. This feedback period runs from 1 September to 23 October 2017.
The ideas we receive will be summarised to create some visions of what the Dunedin public see as the future of the Sammy’s building.
These will be considered along with things such as:
- the extent of work needed, including seismic strengthening and fire safety upgrades
- accessibility requirements
- heritage values
- how it fits with the city’s strategic plans
- funding options
- other arts and culture infrastructure in the city
- how comparable buildings have been redeveloped in other parts of the world
Any decision by Council to contribute to development at Sammy’s will be considered through the development of the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 and capital expenditure budgets. This process will include consideration and prioritisation against other arts and culture infrastructure projects as well as all of the Council’s infrastructure activities and services.
There will be another opportunity to share your views in 2018.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?