An interim risk management plan, involving ongoing monitoring, has been put in place until a long term intervention (if required) has been completed. This includes:
- Weekly visual inspection noting sand levels, condition of rock revetment and public access ways.
- Fortnightly sea wall sand level surveys.
- Half yearly sea wall height survey to monitor settlement/movement of the wall panels.
- Annual structural engineering inspection of the sea wall panels to identify any deterioration of the wall surface.
- Planned sea wall toe rock revetment maintenance. We would expect to have machinery on the beach every 6 months replacing and rearranging the existing rock revetment.
- Reactive sea wall maintenance and repairs arising from inspections and surveys above.
- An emergency contingency plan if there is a partial sea wall or rock revetment failure. This is likely to involve heavy machinery and large quantities of rock.
The latest sand level monitoring information
Still didn't find what you were looking for?