- 1960s - Change rooms built.
- 1970s - Main building constructed.
- Leased (now expired) to the Grants Braes Football Club.
- December 2013 - an initial seismic assessment indicated the building may be below 34% NBS
- December 2015 - a detailed seismic assessment indicated the building was above 34% NBS
- As at September/October 2018 - Used by 14 community groups and rented to businesses and the public for functions/meetings.
Proposal - That the Ocean Grove Recreation Hall be developed as a sustainable, multi-use, fit-for-purpose community facility
- October to December 2018 – Form a community stakeholder group to work with DCC staff to develop the scope of Ocean Grove Recreation Hall building improvements.
- Early 2019 – The Council will consider a report on scope and costs to develop the Ocean Grove Recreation Hall into a community centre, as part of the 2019-2020 Annual Plan process.
Inside Ocean Grove Recreation Hall
Still didn't find what you were looking for?