This page provides profile and contact information for Councillor Aaron Hawkins.
Aaron Hawkins was born in Invercargill, and has lived in Dunedin since enrolling at the University of Otago in 2002. In 2013 he was elected to Council in the Central Ward as a representative of the Green Party. As such, he is passionate about promoting evidence-based policies that put our people and our planet first, particularly around housing, transport and economic development. He has more than a passing interest in heritage architecture, urban renewal and open and transparent government.
Before entering politics full time, Aaron had worked as a broadcaster and freelance writer since 2004. While working at Radio One, he took a lead role in the ultimately successful campaign to stop the OUSA from privatising their student radio station. He is an active supporter of, and occasional participant in, the local arts community, and sits on the board of both the Dunedin Fringe Arts Trust and the Blue Oyster Arts Trust.
Councillor Hawkins is a member of the following Committees:
- Community and Culture Committee - Chair
- Economic Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Infrastructure Services and Networks Committee
- Planning and Environment Committee
- Grants Committee - Chair
- Creative Dunedin Partnership
- Dunedin Public Art Gallery Acquisitions Committee
- Dunedin Refugee Steering Group - Chair
- Otago Museum Trust Board
- The Dunedin 2GP Hearings Panel – Te Paepae Kaiwawao Motuhake O Te 2GP
- Maori Participation Working Party
- Toitū Otago Settlers Museum
- West Harbour Community Board
Cr Aaron Hawkins
- Postal: 4 Bernicia Street, Port Chalmers 9023
- Phone: N/A
- Mobile: 022 100 6634
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Still didn't find what you were looking for?