This page provides profile and contact information for the Deputy Mayor, Councillor Chris Staynes.
Chris is a third term Councillor. A long term resident of Dunedin, Chris was General Manager of the Fisher Paykel Range and Dishwasher plant in Mosgiel for 20 years.
He retired in 2006 after serving 35 years with the company. Chris is currently a non executive Director of Scott Technology Limited, Chair of the Cargill Enterprises board, a member of the Otago Polytechnic Council and is a member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand (NZIM).
He has served as a Director and President of the Otago Southland Manufacturers Association, and is a Director of the Otago Chamber of Commerce. He is also a trustee of 4Trades Apprenticeship Training Trust and the OSMA Trust.
In 2006 Chris was named Business Personality of the year at the Westpac Otago Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards.
Chris is the Councillor representative on the Otago Museum Trust Board.
Councillor Staynes is a member of the following Committees:
- Council - Deputy Mayor/Chair
- Economic Development Committee - Chair
- Community and Culture Committee
- Finance Committee
- Infrastructure Services and Networks Committee
- Planning and Environment Committee
- CEO Appraisal Subcommittee
- Dunedin Shanghai Association (Sister City Society)
- Audit and Risk Subcommittee
- Maori Participation Working Party
- Otago Museum Trust Board
- Theomin Gallery Management Committee
Cr Chris Staynes
- Postal: 2 Crewe Street, Mornington, Dunedin 9011
- Phone: 453 6855
- Mobile: 021 523 682
- Email address: email@example.com
Still didn't find what you were looking for?