This page provides profile and contact information for Councillor Kate Wilson.
Kate was born, raised and educated in Dunedin and has served on Council since 2007 for the Mosgiel-Taieri Ward.
Kate has degrees in Law and Geography from Otago University. From being brought up in the centre of Dunedin she moved to its outer reaches when she married and moved to her husband's family farm in Middlemarch in 1992. They have two children.
Since then Kate has been active in many community organisations, including the Singles Dance, the Middlemarch Swimming Club, and Middlemarch Railway Precinct developments and is a Trustee of the Otago Central Rail Trail. She also established the popular Kissing Gate Café.
Kate believes that the best way forward for the City is for it to be liveable and for the Council to facilitate and enable communities and businesses to develop. Council needs to create the environment for that to happen. Kate welcomes contact from residents and believes one of the strengths of Dunedin is its intelligent problem solving people that wish to contribute to making a Dunedin a better place.
Councillor Wilson is a member of the following Committees:
- Infrastructure Services and Networks Committee - Chair
- Community and Culture Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Planning and Environment Committee
- Hearings Committee - Chair
- Otago Museum Trust Board
- The Dunedin 2GP Hearings Panel – Te Paepae Kaiwawao Motuhake O Te 2GP
- Maori Participation Working Party
- Otago Regional Transport Committee
- Craigieburn Reserve Committee
- Tertiary Precinct Planning Group
Cr Kate Wilson
- Postal: 545 Gladbrook Road, Strathburn RD 2, Middlemarch 9597
- Phone: 03 464 3797
- Mobile: 027 443 8134
- Email address: email@example.com
Still didn't find what you were looking for?