Use of Beauticians, Tattooists and Skin Piercers Bylaw Review Survey
This survey will provide the Council with feedback on the current Beauticians, Tattooists and Skin Piercers Bylaw and help identify any issues and concerns.
The key findings were:
- Almost all respondents (97%) agree that beauticians, skin piercing and tattooing practices must register their premises and comply with the bylaw in order to operate.
- Most of the respondents (70%) support the idea of a grading system for these practices while 19% do not.
- A majority of the respondents (82%) have never had a problem with any of the practices for the last ten years.
- For those that had problems, it was mostly concern about health and cleanliness or a bad personal experience.
- Most common general comments were about the respondents not using these services and so cannot provide an opinion, and that the bylaw is good as is. Improvements to these industries and possible training were also mentioned by some respondents.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?