Dunedin attracts engineering work from all over New Zealand and internationally and employs more than 1000 full-time-equivalent people in this sector.
Engineering industry projects
Projects led and/or supported by the Economic Development Unit include:
A group of about 40 Dunedin-based engineering companies, which work together to improve their business efficiencies and to attract young people into the industry.
Oil and Gas Supply Base Project
Port Otago, the Engineering Cluster and University of Otago collaborated to produce suitable promotional material regarding Dunedin as a possible supply base for the oil and gas industry in the Canterbury and Great South Basin areas. While this initial project is complete, work in the area continues.
How can the Unit help your engineering business?
We can help with:
- Introductions within the Engineering Cluster
- Business planning
- Advocacy with other DCC departments
- Help with research and development projects, and finding the right expertise to solve technical problems
- Support to find and retain skilled staff
- Knowledge and access to grants from other organisations (for instance, from the Callaghan Innovation).
Still didn't find what you were looking for?