There is an average of 5500 visitors daily, many of whom have made the trip south to see Dunedin’s renowned wildlife and heritage for themselves.
A snapshot of Dunedin’s tourism industry
What the economist say: "Dunedin has enjoyed moderate growth in tourism employment and businesses, but has had solid GDP gains over the last decade. These positive performances are in line with regional and national trends."
Tourism industry projects
Projects led and/or supported by the Economic Development Unit include:
- Tourism Dunedin – the lead agency for marketing of Dunedin as a visitor destination, funded primarily by a council grant
- Ongoing implementation of the Dunedin Visitor Strategy
- Dedicated Destination Manager within the council to advocate for visitors and businesses
- Dunedin Host – the primary industry body for tourism operators around Dunedin.
How can we help your tourism business?
We can help with:
- Business planning
- Advocacy with other Council departments
- Support to find and retain skilled talents.
To find out more about the tourism industry and support for your business, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?