Current Alerts and Notices (View all)

Road conditions(2) Water shutdowns(1)

Dunedin City Council – Kaunihera-a-rohe o Otepoti
Green pattern.

Temporary food stalls

They are not those stalls invited to trade at events, markets, fairs etc.  (see Selling Food at Events in the related information section).

If you are planning to sell food to the public from a temporary stall you need a permit from us. Permits are usually only granted for the sale of low risk food such as fruit and vegetables.

A new permit is required each time you intend to operate a temporary food stall. There may be a fee associated with your application unless you are fundraising for a registered group or organisation.

Once approved, your application will be signed and this becomes your permit. You must keep your permit with you when operating the stall. Environmental Health staff may also visit your stall to ensure food safety is being observed.

Stall site

You need to check who owns the land where you plan to have your stall and get their permission first. If you want to have a stall on the street you will need to get permission from us before your permit will be issued.

There are sites available in the CBD for non-profit or fundraising groups to use. Phone us to book one of these sites, or to discuss your plans.

Still didn't find what you were looking for?