Funding is available twice a year. The closing dates for the Creative Communities Scheme (CCS) are the last working Friday in March for projects starting after 1 June, and the last working Friday in September for projects starting after 1 December.
For each round, application forms will be available on this web site from early March and early September.
Who can apply to CCS
Individuals or groups can apply. Individuals must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
To be eligible for CCS, your arts project must:
- take place within Dunedin
- benefit local communities in Dunedin
- not have started or finished before funding is approved
- be completed within 12 months of funding being approved
- not have already been funded through Creative New Zealand’s other arts funding programmes.
Funding criteria for CCS
CCS supports a wide range of arts projects. To be eligible for funding through CCS your arts project must support at least one of the following:
- Access and participation: Create opportunities for local communities to engage with, and participate in local arts activities
- Diversity: Support the diverse artistic cultural traditions of local communities
- Young people: Enable young people (under 18 years) to engage with, and participate in the arts
These are explained with examples in the CCS Application Guide in the related information section.
CCS Dunedin gives priority to projects that contribute to the strategic themes of Ara Toi Ōtepoti - Our Creative Future: Dunedin's Arts and Culture Strategy.
- Strategic Theme 1: Identity Pride
- Strategic Theme 2: Access and Inclusion
- Strategic Theme 3: Inspired Connections
- Strategic Theme 4: Creative Economy
How much are the grants?
The Dunedin City Council receives an annual allocation of $90,000 from Creative New Zealand to administer CCS Dunedin. While you can apply for any amount, typical awards are mostly under $2000.
Who to contact
For enquiries regarding this funding please contact DCC Relationships Advisors Cara Paterson or Lisa Wilkie on 03 477 4000 or email email@example.com.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?