Current Alerts and Notices (View all)

Road conditions(2) Swimming pools notice(1)

Dunedin City Council – Kaunihera-a-rohe o Otepoti

Amusement devices come under the control of WorkSafe New Zealand and need to be registered.

What is an amusement device

These are generally pleasure rides that are available to the public. They include things like merry-go-rounds, Ferris wheels and roller coasters.

Bouncy Castles and Inflatable Slides and non-powered playground equipment are not Amusement Devices and so you do not require a permit.

Permit to operate

Before a registered device is operated, you must apply to the appropriate local authority for a permit.

The application to the local authority is to be made on the Application for a Permit to Operate an Amusement Device.

You can download the application form and find more information on the WorkSafe website linked in the related information area.

You need to provide the certificate of registration of the device and fee with the application.

Still didn't find what you were looking for?