Information we hold in our rates database.
We can give the following information to the public. It is also available from the Rating Information Database.
- Ratepayer's name and postal address
- Total rates for the current year
- Total estimated rates for the next rating year
- Legal description
- Capital value, land value and value of improvements, any special rateable values
- Area in hectares
- Chart of instalments
- Classification of property (residential, non-residential or farmland)
The following information is not public and will not be given out:
- Occupation history
- Transaction history
- Current summary (what money is currently owing)
- Agreement information
- Arrears information
- Remission or rates relief information
- Penalty information
Put it in writing
Your name and/or postal address will not be displayed on the Rating Information Database if you have requested that this information be withheld under Section 28 a, b or c of the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002. You need to request this in writing, on the Withholding Names Application form in the related information area.
Due to the Privacy Act, outside organisations, such as Inland Revenue or Work and Income, who are requesting information about your rates situation must put their request in writing to us.
If you want previous valuation values you can write to us or to Quotable Value NZ Ltd, P. O. Box 215, Dunedin
Still didn't find what you were looking for?