These grants support key organisations and projects to help the city achieve its strategic goals and ultimately ensure Dunedin is one of the world's great small cities.
Since 2015, these grants have replaced Civic Grants, which were allocated during each year’s Annual Plan deliberations. The funding is for core operating costs.
It is a good idea to talk to us before you lodge your application. We will be able to advise you which part of your project is eligible for funding.
Who can apply - City service grants
- Organisations whose work in the city significantly contributes to achieving the priorities of one or more of our key strategies.
- Organisations which are critical to Dunedin's community fabric and longer term sustainability.
- Organisations which can show they have community support and which collaborate and build partnerships with other organisations.
- Organisations with effective and efficient governance that have a presence in Dunedin.
Who can apply - City project grants
- Funding requests that qualify for consideration will be in line with the Community Grants and Arts Grants criteria.
- Events projects are not eligible for funding under this scheme but organisers can apply for an Events grant.
How much are the grants?
In 2017, $494,800 was awarded to 27 organisations, an average amount of $18,326.
For more information please contact Events and Community Development on 03 477 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?