Current Alerts and Notices (View all)

Road conditions(2) Swimming pools notice(1)

Dunedin City Council – Kaunihera-a-rohe o Otepoti

If your vehicle is larger than a standard vehicle, you may need special permission for certain roads.

Overweight vehicles

Most trucks need an overweight permit for Blueskin Road, but there are other roads and bridges that require special permits for overweight vehicles.

To apply for a new or renewed permit, or if you need any more information please contact us.

Over Dimension vehicle

If you want to get permission for an over-dimension vehicle, you need to apply to the Police Commercial Vehicle Inspection Unit (CVIU). This includes all vehicles that are over height, width or length. We only deal with the overweight vehicles.

Contact the New Zealand Police (link to external website, new window) for more information about CVIU or to apply for permission.

Still didn't find what you were looking for?