This page provides profile and contact information for Councillor Lee Vandervis.
My name is Lee Vandervis and I was born in Balclutha 62 years ago to Dutch immigrant parents who ran a successful building contractor business.
I have been passing Dad nails since I can remember and I learned to swing a hammer usefully early in life. My parents always pushed the values of thrift and a broad education. At Otago University I gained a BA in Philosophy before going to London for 5 years overseas experience, working in electronics manufacturing and rising to Production Manager of Midas Audio UK, building mixing consoles for musicians like Stevie Wonder, Supertramp and Pink Floyd.
I returned to Dunedin in 1981 to have a family and set up Vandervision Lighting Audio and Video, making it Dunedin's largest lighting hire business, and restoring heritage buildings like Dundas Street Church and 401 Moray Place along the way. I sold most of my business interests when first elected to the DCC in 2004.
- Community and Culture Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Infrastructure Services and Networks Committee
- Planning and Environment Committee
- Dunedin Heritage Fund Committee
- Roading and Infrastructure Collaboration in the South of the South Island
- Hearings Committee
- Dunedin Symphony Orchestra
- District Licensing Committee
Still didn't find what you were looking for?