This map indicates the approximate location of tobies, manifold boxes and water pipes in the Dunedin area.
We recommend that you find your manifold or toby and check that you can turn it on and off. If you can't, please contact us so we can come and check it.
Please note that water meters and tobies are not visible at all scales. Please zoom to 1:1,000 or closer to view all features.
If you have difficulty viewing this page, please contact DCC GIS Services via email@example.com or 03 477 4000 to arrange alternative viewing options.
- Manifold Box – home to the water shut off tap, under a blue plastic lid. They can be fitted with a water meter.
- Toby - the older style home to the water shut off tap for private property, sometimes called a stopcock. Usually under a round metal, or yellow, lid.
- Water Meter - the device that measures how much water is supplied to a property, usually a business.
- Water Supply Pipe – the pipes that carry water from the downstream thread of water manifold or toby, or water meter. These pipes are the property owner's responsibility.
- Water Service Pipe (or lateral) - the pipes that carry water from the water main in the street to the manifold or toby, or water meter. These are the DCC's responsibility.
- Water Main - the large pipe that carries water to service pipes and fire hydrants. These are the DCC’s responsibility.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?