This page gives you information about impounded dogs and impounded stock.
How to get your impounded dog released
If you have been notified or believe that your dog is in the pound you will need to:
- Go to the DCC Customer Services Centre to view pound dog photos and confirm that it is your dog.
- Pay your release fees at the Customer Services Centre and take your receipt with you to pick up your dog. If you phone first, we will be able to let you know how much the fee will be.
- Your dog may need to be microchipped or registered before it can be released. We will discuss any further requirements with you when you come in to pay the release fee.
Please ensure you allow for time to make payment & travel to pound – you must be at the pound during release times to be able to pick up dog. When you arrive to pick up your pet, go to the pound office and wait for the staff to arrange for your dog to be released.
The release times are:
- Monday to Friday – 10am - 10:30am and 3:30pm - 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday 3:30pm - 4pm
You have 7 days to claim your dog from our pound. If a dog is not claimed by it's owner then the DCC takes responsibility for the dog.
Directions to Dunedin Dog Impound
A map giving you directions to the pound will be given to you when you come to pay your release fees.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?