The following objectives are derived from the Spatial Plan, but have been revised for this Integrated Transport Strategy through a process of consultation with the community.
- Dunedin has an integrated, affordable, responsive, effective and safe transport network for all modes
- Dunedin has affordable and convenient public transport
- Dunedin is well connected for business, freight and visitors, including excellent connections to key gateways such as Port Otago and Dunedin International Airport
- Dunedin’s transportation system provides a platform for sustainable transport choices and the city’s dependence on oil for transport is reduced
- Dunedin’s transportation network provides for the efficient movement of people and goods
- Dunedin’s urban form and design creates high levels of accessibility to key destinations such as healthcare, education, recreation and employment.35
- These objectives are derived and adapted from those set out in the Spatial Plan strategic direction ‘Accessible and Connected City’. The Transport Strategy also contributes to many other Spatial Plan strategic directions, objectives and policies, for a full description of these see ‘Dunedin Towards 2050 – a Spatial Plan for Dunedin’, www.dunedin.govt.nz/spatial-plan.
Still didn't find what you were looking for?