This page provides profile and contact information for Councillor Andrew Whiley.
Andrew Whiley was elected to the Dunedin City Council in 2013.
Andrew was born and raised in Wellington, where he trained as a Golf Professional. He spent a number of years working in the US and Canada, eventually returning to New Zealand to work for a number of years as a Club Professional. He then returned to Canada to set up his own golf company in addition to working in the IT industry and Consulting.
Currently, Andrew runs a golf industry consulting business and is involved in event management, golf industry operations and golf tourism. He writes for golf publications in both NZ and Australia. Andrew is also a Certified Resource Management Act (RMA) Commissioner and a member of the Institute of Directors.
He has lived in Dunedin since April 2003 with his wife Jackie and their two teenage children. Andrew is a board member of the New Zealand Professional Golfers’ Association (NZPGA) and is an active Rotarian in the Dunedin South Rotary Club.
Andrew has been appointed Deputy Chair of the Economic Development Committee, serves as the Council representative on the Saddle Hill Community Board, the Digital Community Trust, the Dunedin Public Art Gallery and Puketai Boards, in addition to sitting on the Council Grants Committee.
Councillor Whiley is a member of the following Committees:
- Community and Culture Committee
- Economic Development Committee - Deputy Chair
- Finance Committee
- Infrastructure Services and Networks Committee
- Planning and Environment Committee
- Bylaws Subcommittee - Chair
- Hearings Committee
- Dunedin Otaru Sister City Society
- Dunedin Public Art Gallery Society
- Puketai Residential Centre Liaison Committee
- Otago Peninsula Community Board
Cr Andrew Whiley
- Postal: 30 Spottiswoode Street, Dunedin 9013
- Phone: N/A
- Mobile: 027 465 3222
- Email address: email@example.com
Still didn't find what you were looking for?