Current Alerts and Notices (View all)

Road conditions(2) Swimming pools notice(1)

Dunedin City Council – Kaunihera-a-rohe o Otepoti
Green pattern.

Resource consent - How do I apply?

Find out how to apply for resource consent and what you need to do.

You need to fill in the appropriate application forms and checklists. When you have done so, and have written approval from all affected parties, bring all your documentation in to us.

What should my application include?

The most important aspects of your application will be:

Description of your proposal

This needs to be as detailed as possible. It is important to make sure that the affected parties and we have a clear understanding of your entire proposal. Where applicable, site plans, elevations and specifications must be included with the application.

Assessment of environmental effects

The RMA requires all applications for resource consent to include an assessment of environmental effects (AEE). This is a description of all the effects that your proposal could have on the environment. Include positive and negative effects.

Written approval from affected parties

You need to get every affected party to fill in an approval form and initial all documents relating to your proposal.

Where do I take my application?

All completed resource consent applications must be delivered to the City Planning Enquiries Desk, Customer Service Centre on the Ground Floor, Civic Centre in the Octagon.

Your resource consent application is allocated to a handling officer who will acknowledge the application and make a site visit. At this stage, we may need further information including additional affected persons consents, to make a decision.

Please ensure you provide 2 copies of the application at the time of lodging.

Still didn't find what you were looking for?