The different types of licence require different information. Find out here what information you will need to provide with your application.
On, off or club liquor licence
We suggest that you meet with staff of the alcohol licensing team before submitting an application for an alcohol licence. They can discuss your application and any issues that may be relevant. It saves time and money to work through any issues before lodging your application.
Once your application is complete, submit the whole package to the DLC (us). Public notice in the Otago Daily Times is required within 20 working days of lodging your application – this is done by the licensing team.
You also need to display a notice attached in a conspicuous place on or adjacent to the site the application refers to. Staff can help with advice about what is required for the notice.
A copy of your application will be sent to the Licensing Inspector, Police and Medical Officer of Health. Copies of their reports and any objections lodged by the public will be sent to you. Any person with an interest greater than the public generally may object to your application within 15 working days of the publication of the first public notice.
If no objections are lodged against your application, the District Licensing Committee (DLC) will consider and determine your application.
If there are objections lodged or the Licensing Inspector, Police or Medical Officer of Health raise matters in opposition to your application, it will be referred to the DLC for determination at a public hearing.
- Application for a POL and BCC (PDF File, 108.1 KB | New window)
- Application for club licence (PDF File, 399.1 KB | New window)
- Application for off licence (PDF File, 447.6 KB | New window)
- Application for on licence (PDF File, 422.5 KB | New window)
- Application for special licence (PDF File, 357.9 KB | New window)
- Application for Temporary Authority (PDF File, 153.7 KB | New window)
- Guide to Obtaining an Alcohol Licence (PDF File, 221.6 KB | New window)
- Sale of Liquor Policy (PDF File, 164.0 KB | New window)
Still didn't find what you were looking for?